Re: libgcc-arch.ver details

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 5:48 PM, Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com> wrote:
> "Paulo J. Matos" <pocmatos@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> After looking into the arm code I am quite confused since even though
>> it uses HF (at least I found references to it in gcc4.5, but not in
>> gcc4.3 or gcc4.4), I can't see how it's importing floatunsihf. In
>> fact, I can't find any reference to a function called floatunsihf
>> anywhere on gccs source code and documentation also doesn't contain
>> any references to it.
>
> See, e.g., LIB2FUNCS_STATIC_EXTRA in config/arm/t-bpabi, and
> config/arm/fp16.c, and the calls to set_conv_libfunc in
> arm_init_libfuncs in config/arm/arm.c.
>
> Ian

I have been slowly hammering on this issue to get it to work but the
compiler is still generating a call to floatunsihf and it fails to
link. Now, I am confused as to whether what needs to be done is
hand-code this function for my particular arch or get GCC to
internally convert the float to something else and get that handled
for free.

By looking at the ARM code like you suggested I can see that fp16.c
defines two functions that seems to convert half floats to single
floats and vice versa. These function then get registered in arm.c as
conversion functions. I did the same thing but it doesn't work and I
can't see what should trigger these conversions. Any further help
would be great.

Thanks,

--
PMatos