Re: Idea for Google Summer Code : C Compiler for EFI Byte Code implement in gcc

Hello Joe,

The other hurdle would be the ABI.  It's very particular since it has
to accommodate calling into and from EBC, x86, x86_64, ia64, and any
other architecture available.  It's structured mainly on Microsoft's
stdcall ABI.

I have read the part about EBC of EFI specification.But I found it only concern to a small part that related to Thunking.As you say, Thunking is mainly on Microsoft's stdcall ABI.Should I survey information about this aspect??

There is an open source interpreter available from the EDK.  I'm not
100% sure if you can use it in the emulated environment, but there are
quite a few platforms to work on.

I use Macbook with refit ,and its EFI shell version is 1.10.I have read some related information but I don't find how to launch EBC virture machine. I am truely want to know how could I launch it with fully appreciation. And I am wondering to know is there some EBC binery file to download that I can execute if I successfully launch EBC virture machine ??

thanks

yi-hong