Re: Does gengtyped gt-*.h depends upon the configuration of the compiler?

>> You might want to look at the gengtype debugging dump support on
>> gc-improv branch, which I will submit shortly for 4.6 trunk.
>
> Thanks! Yes, I looked at your gengtype.c in your branch, and it is the kind
> of code I was dreaming of.
> ÂUsually, in persistency machinery, the code to reload data from the file is
> a bit more complex than the code to dump it. Do you have any ideas?

The dumping is code is short and straightforward. The loading code
would be slightly more involved, yes, mostly because of patching
pointer target addresses between all the structs, but still I think
it's a reasonably small task.

> And more significantly, do you think that my idea of persisting GTY-ed data
> descriptors in gengtype is good enough to have: tools (gengtype) & data
> (e.g. hypothetical gcc-gty-data-descr.json) installed in the GCC
> installation, and reused by gengtype invocation for plugins, so to remove
> the harsh constraint of keeping both source & build tree? Or did I forgot
> something?

Gengtype dependency is a kludge. But since plugins need access to GC,
I really don't have any better idea.

> Also, what is a summary of the GTY & gengtype improvements (w.r.t plugins)
> in your gc-improv branch?

Debugging dump support is the closest thing to "gengtype improvement
wrt plugins" there. Not much else.

--
Laurynas