aliases without a _DECL?

To fix PR 12909 with minimal ABI breakage, I'd like to be able to just hang extra symbols off the cgraph node for a variable or function and have them all emitted together. I could do this with the existing alias mechanisms, but they involve additional DECLs for the aliases. Does it seem reasonable to add extra symbol names to cgraph, or should I make dummy DECLs for them?

Jason