Re: Any difference between gcc 4.3 and 4.1 in exception handling?

jacob navia <jacob@jacob.remcomp.fr> writes:

> I would like to know if the exception handling software has changed
> between 4.1 and 4.3.
>
> I have developed a module to generate gcc compatible dwarf debug info
> and it works with gcc 4.1. It is in the context of a JIT.
>
> Now I have some mysterious crashes with gcc 4.3 under Suse 11.
> Ubuntu seems to work...

This question would be more appropriate for the mailing list
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org.  Please take any followups there.  Thanks.

There are various small differences, but certainly anything which is
valid for gcc 4.1 should still be valid for gcc 4.3.

You probably know this, but, to be clear, the exception unwinding code
does not use the DWARF debugging information.  It uses the exception
frame information, in .eh_frame sections, which is DWARF-like but is
not part of the debugging information.

Ian