entry point of gimplification

Hi,

I have been trying to understand the gcc source code and am interested
in customizing gcc to support speculative parallelization of
conditional branching and loop instructions instructions.I am
considering gimple as input.

I want to know what is the entry point to the gimplification pass? and
given a function body which are the functions in the gcc source that
convert the body into equivalent gimple statements?

Also is there a way in which i can selectively step through the
execution of the source related to this?

Any other help on the main aim of speculative parallelization will
also be most helpful.

Apologies if the question sounds vague.

--
cheers