Re: Need help to correct vla-dealloc testcase

On Sun, 6 Dec 2009, Andrew Hutchinson wrote:

> The test appears to be unsafe. The original fault was failure to deallocate
> VLA on the jump - thus with the fault present the test would appear to perform
> 1 million new allocation - and fail presumably due to either execution time or
> run time error - neither of which seem certian.

It's expected to run into RLIMIT_STACK or equivalent, with an expectation
that stack limits are generally below 500MB.  (A million executions of a
few instructions should be pretty fast in general.)

> b) I could change n to be 32 bit on 16 bit targets (the test will then be
> equally uncertain on 16 bit targets at detecting fault.)

This seems to be the natural approach.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com