Re: doh?

Richard Earnshaw wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-11-25 at 18:02 +0100, Michael Matz wrote:
>> Hi,

>>> Can someone please remove this revision from the subversion database
>>> on the server and fix things up?
>> Someone with the appropriate rights needs to shutdown the svn server so
>> that no additional commits can be done, then the revision files in
>> db/revs/ and db/revprops/ starting with the wrong revision need to be
>> removed, then db/current needs to be changed appropriately.
>
> PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS.

  I'm also deeply leery of any notion of manually editing an RCS repository,
it's fairly high on my list of "don't ever do this even if you do think it's
simple and safe and you can get away with it because of the terrible
consequences if you're wrong".

  However I don't think it's going to happen, given that it's been a couple of
days now and a whole load of commits have gone in on top.  If I for one second
thought that it had been going to happen, I would have objected.  Very loudly.

    cheers,
      DaveK