Re: No .got section in ELF

On Nov 27, 2009, yunfeng zhang <zyf.zeroos@gmail.com> wrote:

> The rsult is also same, you go too far.

If the g in the main program didn't preempt the definition in the
library, then something is amiss in your system.

> Here data in 0x1000 and its follower have an *exact* map to foo.so in
> disk, you need review my code, so which can bring an optimization is
> offsetof(C - A) is const. Further, everything in data/bss section has
> a fixed offset to text section.

Yes, what you're proposing is already implemented, using @GOTOFF instead
of @GOT.  But we can only use @GOTOF when the symbol is nonpreemptible
and known to be defined within the same shared object.