Re: MPC 0.8 prerelease tarball (last release before MPC is mandatory!)

On Mon, 9 Nov 2009, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

> On 11/09/2009 06:33 AM, Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:
> > From: "David Edelsohn" <dje.gcc@gmail.com>
> >
> >> AIX Shell is KSH.
> >>
> >> The problem is shell append += and libtool not running with the same
> >> shell used by configure.
> >
> > Hm, the mpc configure script actually has a check for shell +=, and on
> > my solaris box it correctly detects that it doesn't work.
> >
> > checking whether the shell understands "+="... no
> >
> > Presumably on solaris then += isn't used. I wonder what does configure
> > say here for AIX and why does it attempt to use it?
>
> As David said, the problem is using the same shell in configure and
> libtool.  I think I fixed this upstream (just as a consequence of cleanups).
> Paolo

So IIUC, David is setting SHELL=/path/to/bash first, then running
configure, then getting an error.  This happens because configure tests
that bash understands +=, but libtool is run with (presumably) /bin/sh and
doesn't understand += right?

If so, then if one doesn't set SHELL (or CONFIG_SHELL?) on AIX, everything
should work fine building MPC, right?

		--Kaveh