Re: [4.4] Strange performance regression?

Joern Rennecke wrote:
> But at any rate, the subject does not agree with
> the content of the original post.  When we talk
> about a 'regression' in a particular gcc version,
> we generally mean that this version is in some
> way worse than a previous version of gcc.

Didn't the original poster indicate that gcc 4.3 was faster than 4.4 ?
 In my book that is a regression.

According to my reading Francesco's message, the problem is "strange
behaviour with GCC 4.4.1", after which he then states that "the same
problem is not (...) with GCC 4.3.3".