Re: LTO: Speedup.

> L.S.,
>
> On our weather forecasting code (compiled with -O3 -flto and linked with
> -O3 -flto -fwhole-program) I get a speedup of 65 seconds per time step
> in the model integration vs. 75 seconds with -O3 alone.

There is bug making -fwhole-program disabled with LTO compilations.
I hope to get this fixed in mainline tomorrow.

It will be interesting to see how much difference -fwhole-program makes
for you.  Also ipa-sra was finally enabled at -O2 and I would be greatly
interested if it makes any difference (in general it should help to
fortran codebases by eliminating need to pass stuff around by reference)

Honza