Re: i370 port - constructing compile script

> I am happy to construct all of this on a Unix system with the various
> tools (m4 etc) available.
>
> But from the Unix system, I need to be able to generate the
> above very simple compile script, which is a precursor to creating
> very simple JCL steps (trust me, you don't want to see what
> ST2CMP looks like).  Note that the JCL has the filenames
> truncated to 8 characters, listed twice, uppercased, and '-'
> and '_' converted to '@'.

Have you considered the obvious solution: Don't do that?
i.e. use a cross compiler from a sane system. If you really want to a native
compiler than I still suggest building it as a canadian cross. My guess is
that getting gcc hosted in a bizarre environment is much easier than getting
the gcc build system working. Trying to bootstrap gcc there seems like a lot
of pain for no real benefit.

Paul