Fwd: GCC debug

2009/9/28 Basile STARYNKEVITCH <basile@starynkevitch.net>:
> daniel tian wrote:
>>
>> Thanks.
>> But how to debug cc1. Because now I port the gcc to my RISC target.
>> But when build the libgcc2.c. ?Some error occurred. So i have to debug
>> it.
>> Any advice about how to debug?
>

> Start gdb from the build directory (more precisely from $BUILDIR/gcc)
>
> BTW, I am not sure your question belongs to gcc@gcc.gnu.org - it is really a
> beginner's question, and there are several documents about it.
>
> This is why I reply to you only, not to the list.

Thanks.
You didn't get my point.
If I just start up gdb to debug cc1, cc1 will return with message that
it did't know the parameter I pass to it.
The parameter should preprocess by xgcc first. then cc1 continue to
go. But I start up with xgcc, I can't debug cc1.
The website in my first letter, some steps mentioned about how to
debug cc1 and xgcc. I could't follow. So I ask the question here.
I am sure there are some guy also seen this problem before.

Thanks.