Re: MSVC hook function prologue

On 09/06/2009 11:15 AM, Stefan Dösinger wrote:
Am Saturday 05 September 2009 17:08:19 schrieb Ross Ridge:
If this patch is essentially only for one application, maybe the idea
of implementing a more generally useful naked attribute would be the
way to go.  I implemented a naked attribute in my private sources to
do something similar, although supporting hookable prologues was just
a small part of its more general use in supporting an assembler based API.
We don't really like the naked attribute, because it makes maintaining a C
function that uses it a pain. Alexandre once said that he would reject any
solution for the hook problem that is based on the naked attribute. This
especially becomes a pain when the function has to do stack realignment, like
all our Win32 functions on OSX.

The naked attribute has been proposed and bashed to death multiple times on the GCC list too.

Paolo