letter to GCC Steering Committee, Streamnovation Ltd.

Dear GCC Steering Committee,

We are a forming company (StreamNovation Ltd.) from Hungary, and we
would like to ask your attitude about our plans. We are intending to
implement a plugin for GCC 4.5 which makes it possible to utilize the
GPU (graphics processing unit) semi-automatically (later
fully-automatically). We are planning to implement it as a free
software according to GPL, but we would also like to sell it in a box,
and get paid for personal support, guarantee and education.

The basic idea is to make the GPU kind of OpenMP (Open
Multi-Processing is an application programming interface (API) that
supports multi-platform shared memory multiprocessing programming in
C, C++). The GCC user marks the loop, and GCC creates a heterogeneous
binary code which runs the kernel on GPU, generated from the original
source code. We expect huge attention for this field in the next few
years. We think our plugin is in harmony with the GCC development
mission statement.

We are ready to follow any of your instructions according to GPL,
source code publicity, and legal compatibility with GPU manufacturers'
software.

Please let us know the conventions we have to follow and do not
hesitate to ask questions.

Best regards,

Ádám Rák

StreamNovation Ltd.

Práter u. 50/a. Budapest, H-1083 Hungary

Phone: +36 20 9677 199

Email: adam.rak@streamnovation.com