Re: MELT tutorial on the wiki

Dave Korn wrote:
Tom Tromey wrote:

I looked into this a little.  It looks like the PPL checks don't work
properly in the case where PPL is a system library.  I guess I need
--with-ppl=/usr ... I will try that later.

Were you using a --prefix? The PPL checks (by design I think) only look for PPL in your prefix.

Sorry DaveK, are you talking of only the MELT branch or of the current gcc trunk (future 4.5)? In the latter (trunk) case, what is the rationale for checking only in the prefix?

I have to clean up a bit my MELT's gcc/configure.ac, but I cannot understand why apparently the trunk's gcc/configure.ac does not set any HAVE_ppl flag.

Why is there no
if test "x${PPPLLIBS}" != "x" ; then
   AC_DEFINE(HAVE_ppl, 1, [Define if PPL is in use.])
fi
near line 4110 of the trunk's gcc/configure.ac ?

IMHO, such a test and such a generated #define makes a lot of sense (at least inside plugins).

Regards.

-- Basile STARYNKEVITCH http://starynkevitch.net/Basile/ email: basile<at>starynkevitch<dot>net mobile: +33 6 8501 2359 8, rue de la Faiencerie, 92340 Bourg La Reine, France *** opinions {are only mines, sont seulement les miennes} ***