Re: Compiling programs licensed under the GPL version 2 with GCC 4.4

On 07/25/2009 10:53 PM, Florian Weimer wrote:
The run-time library is GPL version 3 or
later, which is incompatible with GPL version 2, so it is not
permitted to link this with the GPLv2-only program and distribute the
result.  (Previous discussions have centered on infringing GCC's
license, so this is different.)

You should have said why here or at least further down in the thread. Instead you always used vague terms.

I now understand fully the issue because it was pointed out to me outside the ML in a much more complete way. And it is definitely none of this list's business---which is why I'm not mentioning the real source of doubt in this message, either.

Paolo