Re: Multiple calls to case NOTE_INSN_EPILOGUE_BEG for same function?

Richard Henderson wrote:
On 07/12/2009 12:30 PM, Douglas B Rupp wrote:
There really are multiple epilogues. The compiler is quite happy to generate those, and has been happy to do so for some time.

What has changed is that we're now bothering to tell the debug info about these epilogue copies. Since they're all copies of the same code, it's not surprising at all that they're all given the same line number; indeed, it would be surprising if that were not so.

If the VMS debugger can't handle multiple epilogues from a function, the only thing I can suggest is that the VMS debug hooks discard info from all but the first epilogue. Not very satisfactory, but you're no worse off than you were before the change.

The VMS Debug ABI can handle multiple epilogues, but I haven't implemented it yet in dwarf2out.c. My issue is that where the labels are appearing don't all look like epilogues to me. If you don't mind I'll send you some assembly code to illustrate.