Re: Phase 1 of gcc-in-cxx now complete

Daniel Berlin wrote:
All that above said - do you expect us to carry both vec.h (for VEC in
GC memory) and std::vector (for VECs in heap memory) (and vec.h
for the alloca trick ...)?  Or do you think we should try to make the GTY
machinery C++ aware and annotate the standard library (ick...)?

Since the containers have mostly standard iterators, i'm not sure we have to do much to the standard library. Simply require a set of iterators with the right properties exist and generate code that depends on this. If you make your own container, you have to implement the iterators.

Shouldn't this be a new thread, or is this really part of phase 1?