Re: Should -Wjump-misses-init be in -Wall?

Basile STARYNKEVITCH <basile@starynkevitch.net> writes:

> Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
>> I recently added the new -Wjump-misses-init warning option.  It warns
>> when a goto or switch jumps into the scope of an initialized variable
>> without actually initializing the variable.  I added the warning to
>> -Wall because it seems to me to fit the criteria of -Wall: a dubious
>> code practice which is easy to avoid.

> Ian, did this warning trigger a lot of new messages while bootstrapping gcc?

It caused three new errors while bootstrapping gcc, fixed with these
changes:

	* df-problems.c (df_simulate_one_insn_forwards): Fix braces in
	switch.
	* gcov.c (read_count_file): Add braces around variables declared
	before label.
	* cp/parser.c (cp_parser_direct_declarator): Add braces around
	variables declared before label.

I think there are also warnings, not errors, on libiberty/regex.c and
gcc/unwind-dw2-fde-glibc.c.

Ian