Re: [plugins] language makefiles and installing cp/ headers

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009, Taras Glek wrote:

> Hi,
> I tried to make my plugin compile using only installed headers and turned out
> that I needed more gcc headers to be installed. Unfortunately, I needed C++
> headers which currently aren't installed. I modified the cp/Make-lang.in with
> logic copied from gcc/Makefile.in to add a c++.install-plugin target.
>
> Now I'm stuck, it's not clear to me how to call my new target from Makefile.in
> properly. In the attachment, I call it as a dependency on install-plugin, but
> that's obviously hack.  Can someone suggest a proper way to do this?

See the discussion of Make-lang.in hooks in sourcebuild.texi.
configure.ac has a list of the hooks (target_list); you'll need to update
sourcebuild.texi as well and add dummy hook definitions to all the other
languages.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com