Re: GCC4.3.3: Bootstrap comparison failure!

chenyang <chenyang.cq@gmail.com> writes:

> I got a "Bootstrap comparison failure!" error when building gcc 4.3.3:

These kinds of issues are always difficult to debug.  There have been a
couple of patches to stabilize different sorts which I don't think are
in 4.3.3.  That could conceivably cause differences if address space
randomization is turned on.  I don't know of any specific bug reports,
though.  In any case, try turning off address space randomization
(/proc/sys/kernel/randomize_va_space).

> finally, I compared langhooks1.o langhooks2.o
>>cmp -i 16 langhooks1.o langhooks2.o
> langhooks1.o langhooks2.o differ: byte 76626, line 514

Try running your commands with the --save-temps options and compare the
resulting .s files.  Also, try running the commands with the
-fdump-tree-all -fdump-rtl-all options and see where the dump files
first differ.

Ian