Re: [Fwd: Failure in bootstrapping gfortran-4.5 on Cygwin]

Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

> Not sure if it has been approved.

  Not yet AFAIK.

> I sort of thing that
>     (enum format_lengths) 0
> should be replaced by
>     FMT_LEN_none
>
> In c-format.c I replaced
>     (enum format_std_version) 0
> with
>     STD_C89
> but that is certainly more a style issue than anything substantive.

  Thanks, I am in two minds about it myself.  FMT_LEN_none and STD_C89 are
less messy than all the casts, but the zeros in the entries I'm replacing are
sentinels or empty entries; they don't actually /signify/ FMT_LEN or STD
anything at all.  I'd perfectly happily respin the patch either way if anyone
has an even mildly-held opinion which would be better.

    cheers,
      DaveK