Re: Parma Polyhedra Library 0.10.1

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 04:36:04PM +0200, Roberto Bagnara wrote:
> Jack Howarth wrote:
>
> Jack,
>
> can you please explain what you mean by "randomly bumped"?
> Thanks,

Roberto,
    I think there is a common misunderstanding on darwin about the
meaning of the compatibility level. I (and others) have been under the
impression that the compatibility level should be exactly one more than
the major soversion. For instance, the fftw3 3.2.1 release bumped the
compatibility level by one compared to the major soversion and the
package was never updated because this was viewed as an error upstream.
My understanding now is that the relationship is rather loose and the
compatibility level only need to be at least one higher than the
major soversion.
                          Jack