Re: Question about creating stdint.h on systems that don't have it

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 9:18 AM, John David Anglin
<dave@hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca> wrote:
> I have a patch to provide stdint.h on HP-UX that I have been testing.
> I have resolved the consistency issues with inttypes.h although there
> are some slightly wierd aspects. ÂFor example, I found "signed char" and
> "char" are inconsistent, yet characters are signed. ÂThe specification
> of some types differs from that in inttypes.h for some types but gcc
> doesn't object. ÂFor example, I specify "long long int" instead of just
> "long long".

There are three distant character types in C and C++; signed char,
unsigned char and char.  Even if char is signed by default char and
signed char are still incompatible types.  This is different from long
long int and long long where they are the same type.

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski