Re: First PPL 0.10.1 release candidate

Roberto Bagnara wrote:
> Dave Korn wrote:

>> Target: i686-pc-cygwin, cygwin-1.7.0-42, gcc-4.3.2, ppl configured with
>> --enable-shared --disable-static, no -fexceptions, no --enable-cxx.
>
> I am not following here. There are no "-fexceptions" and "--enable-cxx"
> in the PPL configuration procedure.  In contrast, "--enable-cxx"
> is an option of GMP's configuration procedure.  Moreover, if GMP was
> not compiled with the C++ interface enabled there is no way the PPL
> can work (even though compilation should fail in such case).

  Apologies for being unclear.  This is the commandline I used to configure
with (from my bash history):

  456  ./configure  --prefix=/opt/gcc-tools -v --disable-static
--enable-shared 2>&1 | tee conf.log

  This is the tail of conf.log

configure: WARNING: CANNOT PROPAGATE EXCEPTIONS BACK FROM GMP:
*** MEMORY EXHAUSTION MAY RESULT IN ABRUPT TERMINATION.
*** This is OK, if you do not plan to use the bounded memory capabilities
*** offered by the PPL.  Otherwise, if you are using GCC or the Intel C/C++
*** compiler, please make sure you use a version of GMP compiled with the
*** `-fexceptions' compiler option.
*** To build such a version, you can configure GMP as follows:
*** CPPFLAGS=-fexceptions ./configure --enable-cxx --prefix=/usr/local

  I just meant to say that I had seen this warning and /not/ acted on it.

> Can you send us more details about which version of GMP you are using
> and how it was configured?

  These are the versions:

$ cygcheck -c gmp mpfr
Cygwin Package Information
Package              Version        Status
gmp                  4.2.4-2        OK
mpfr                 2.4.1-2        OK

  As I did not built them myself I do not know what the configuration was, but
I found these lines in /usr/include/gmp.h:

/* Instantiated by configure. */
#if ! defined (__GMP_WITHIN_CONFIGURE)
/* #undef _LONG_LONG_LIMB */
#define __GMP_LIBGMP_DLL  1
#endif

> We also need the files config.log and
> config.h generated by PPL's configure script.

  Do you still want these in light of the above information?

    cheers,
      DaveK