Re: GCC 4.4.0 Status Report (2009-03-13)

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 5:34 PM, Jeff Law <law@redhat.com> wrote:
> Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:

>>> What does that have to do with expressing philosophical beliefs about how
>>> software development should be done?
>>>

>> You asserted
>>
>> ? I don't want to speculate why RMS might not want to use C++
>>
>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>
>> But, in this case the users of C++ would be the GCC developers.
>> Those are the ones directly suffering the handcuffs.
>>

> I wouldn't generalize things that broadly -- not everyone sees C++ in a
> positive light.

I'm fully aware of that.

>?Personally I see things in C++ I like, but I also see
> things in C++ (and more specifically how it's commonly used) that I think is
> horribly bad.

Well, the request was not about the full gamut of C++, but rather
a subset.  And the time of the discussion, I thought the subset
was quite conservative. Every programming language can
be abused -- and I don't think I've made an exception for C++.

-- Gaby