Re: GCC 4.4.0 Status Report (2009-03-13)

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 09:45:40AM -0700, Daniel Berlin wrote:
> This is a fairly rude response for something that has been a
> consistent problem for GCC developers (lack of status updates from the
> SC on issues important to GCC developers).

I agree that David's response comes off sounding rude.  We're
all frustrated, but still ...

> I've said my piece. It's fairly obvious the SC has no plans to change
> (they have no incentive to).

Actually, I'd like to change it; many members of the SC (Toon in
particular, I think) are quite frustrated.  And David is speaking
here for himself only, not the SC.

The problem in this instance is that the SC has little power; it's
the FSF that's holding things up and I don't know more than you do.