Re: OpenMP to GPGPU langauges

Antoniu Pop wrote:
Hi,

I would like to do backend work to convert OpenMP to GPGPU
langauages(Brook+).

I'm not sure this would be best suited for backend work. The OpenMP
pragma expansion is done very early and the decision to offload parts
of the computation to the GPGPU would probably need to be taken before
the expansion happens.
[Naganna] I would like to know all phases of GCC OpenMP(Paser level, intermediate reprsentation, code generation and OpenMP runtime librariy)

could you please point documents which explain work flow of GOMP?
could you please send me pointers to documents which explains the source
code details for OpenMP backend code generation?

AFAIK there is no specific backend code generation for OpenMP, nor the possibility to compile for both the CPU and GPGPU in one go. If you want to take a look at the OpenMP code generation, the best way is to take a look at the code in gcc/omp-low.c

As side point, I am very new to GCC development.

Welcome then :) Antoniu

http://www.eset.com