Re: Revision 144098 (d.d. Wed Feb 11 08:56:41 2009 UTC (4 weeks ago)) is not a regression bug fix.

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 11:17 PM, Toon Moene <toon@moene.org> wrote:
> Pffft - it was only a regression on optimization - note how many times HJL
> had to fix the fix before it became so obscure that only I could run into
> it.
>
> *This is not a regression fix, period.*

Well, the PR it was supposed to fix was marked as a P2 regression to
be fixed for GCC 4.4.  The fix was apparently bad, but that doesn't
mean that the regression is not a regression. Especially not just
because you happen to be so unlucky to run into it.

What is this gibberish about rules anyway, if you threaten yourself to
bypass the rules and unilaterally decide to revert the patch (or,
after three fixes, I suppose "patches" would be a better choice of
words :-).  If the patch(es) are really Not Right, then of course they
should be reverted.  D'oh.  +1 for the idea.  But it seems to be that
frustrated reactions aren't going to do good to anyone...

Gr.
Steven