Re: Minimum required GNAT version for bootstrap of GNAT on gcc trunk

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009, Oliver Kellogg wrote:

> Ah, then I was not looking in the right place.
> At http://gcc.gnu.org/install/build.html , I see:
>
> > Building the Ada compiler
> >
> > In order to build GNAT, the Ada compiler, you need a working GNAT compiler
> > (GNAT version 3.14 or later, or GCC version 3.1 or later).
>
> Which version of GCC is this documentation referring to?
> I would be helpful to update or clarify that info.

build.html was missing group write permission:

-rw-r--r--   1 gerald   gcc 18920 Mar 30  2008 build.html

This probably meant that the nightly onlinedocs update would fail to
update it.  I've now moved and copied the file so it now has group write
access.  So hopefully the next build will update it.

Unfortunately the cron mails to gccadmin from that nightly update ceased
regularly arriving in January 2008 (a few isolated ones have got through
to the list since then), so any symptoms of this file not being updated
that might appear in the output of that cron job will have been missed.
I don't know if this is a message size limit, a spam check issue or
something else (but reported it on the overseers list at the time).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com