To: "GCC" <gcc@gcc.gnu.org>
Cc: "Robert Garron" <Robert.Garron@access3000.net>
Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2008 9:36 AM
Subject: Re: Will GCC 4.3 or 4.4 work on the AlphaServer anytime soon?

Hello!

Hi - to all of the incredible programmers who make GCC work on so many computer chip architectures... I have one question:

Will GCC 4.3.X or 4.4.X be ported and operational on the AlphaServer 4XXX Systems running Debian Linux or any other Linux anytime soon?

Have you actually tried to compile gcc on AlphaServer? Did you found any specific problem during compilation?

To answer your question: gcc bootstraps OK for alpha*-unknown-linux-gnu, 4.3 and 4.4 branch. Please see recent testresults [1], [2].

[1] http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2008-12/msg00926.html
[2] http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2008-12/msg00296.html

Uros.