Re: Plugin API Comments (was Re: GCC Plug-in Framework ready to port)

Taras,

On Feb 2, 2009, at 7:34 PM, Taras Glek wrote:
Regarding versions: I think it's crazy to be passing a version in every single function call. The plugin should check the gcc version it is being loaded into on startup and bail if it doesn't match.

Since you and Diego seem to be of one mind on this, we can just strip versions. It might be useful to have an API inside GCC for picking apart version_string for purposes of comparison, but we can add that to "Nice to have" since it is in no way plugin-specific.

I'll go ahead and strip the hook versioning API out of the draft.

Sean