Re: New GCC Runtime Library Exception: not fit for purpose

2009/1/29 Joern Rennecke <amylaar@spamcop.net>:

>> The runtime library license says that you can link libgcc with
>> proprietary code, whether that proprietary code was compiled with gcc
>> or whether it was compiled with some non-gcc proprietary compiler.
>
> No, it says that you can only do that if every file of the proprietary code
> is written or generated in a high level language, and uses the GCC runtime.

Where does it say that? I don't see it, but again I am not a lawyer.
Have you contacted licensing@fsf.org ? We know the intention of the
license. There is also the FAQ:
http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/gcc-exception-faq.html

If we are missing some legal technicality, then this is not the
appropriate forum to address it.

Cheers,

Manuel.