Re: [target.md]: Backend passes cause code bloat of +140%.

Joseph S. Myers schrieb:
On Wed, 21 Jan 2009, Georg-Johann Lay wrote:

Up to now, LPM is not implemented in the compiler because GCC does not
allow to add new target specific qualifiers like "flash".

Note that work on ISO TR 18037 named address spaces is underway for GCC 4.5 (currently on named-addr-spaces-branch). So you may wish to move to using that for accessing memory with special properties.

Ok, thanks for that hint.

Besides that, can you say why my patch makes the compiled target code explode?

What's wrong with my insns and expanders?

It is not the first time that I observe very bad code and superfluous insns and reloads playing around and givin some optimisations a try.

Georg-Johann