[diagnostics-branch] creating new branch

Hi folks.

Though I would have preferred to work in mainline with the appropriate
maintainers (Joseph, et al) approving my patches, there seems to be no
way I can limit the invasiveness of my diagnostics work... even though
it's technically a regression and/or bug fix.  It can't make it to 4.4,
without someone getting incredibly pissed off.

So I'm starting a branch, and kindly ask the FE maintainers to keep an
eye on my patches to limit the future approval work, curb my enthusiasm,
and deter my ability to freely break things.

For the time being, I'd like to limit the branch to work providing
location information to expressions (PLUS_EXPR, etc) and DECLs.  After
this is completed, if I've yet not committed RSI suicide, I'd like to
move to other points discussed here:

	http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2008-08/msg00183.html
	http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2008-08/msg00193.html

But my main goal is to provide accurate location information for
expressions and decls.  The caret work I sincerely doubt I'll ever get
to.

The name of the branch is "diagnostics-branch" and future patches will
have "[diagnostics-branch]" in the subject line.

Cheers.
Aldy