Re: Inserting Custom RTLs by the Haifa Scheduler

Hello,

>     I am currently working on OpenRISC port of GCC-4.0.2, and I have to
> insert a custom RTL (which gets translated to an instruction) at fixed
> parts of the code. I have created the custom instruction (by modifying
> RTL.DEF) and then put the appropritae constraints in my .md file.
>
>     Now, I want this instructoin to be inserted at specific points...How
> can I do it? What function shiould I call to output this RTL?

You can use the following function to emit the new RTL instruction
you created:

emit_insn (gen_rtx_NEW_OP ...)

To insert the instruction in specific point (in this example; before insn)
you can use the following sequence:

start_sequence ();
emit_insn (gen_rtx_NEW_OP ...)
seq = get_insns ();