Re: install path in libgcc Makefile.in

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 03:17:31AM +0800, Zhang Le wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Another problem when cross building the native mips compiler.
> I.e. build=x86, host=target=mipsel
> I have done some search, but haven't found any related discussion.
>
> The install path of libgcc contains gcc version.
> Currently in libgcc/Makefile.in, gcc version is get like this:
>   version := $(shell $(CC) -dumpversion)
>
> This will lead to a problem that I have only experienced when cross building
> the native compiler. The problem is that crtbegin.o/crtend.o/etc. will be
> installed into old gcc's path, overwrite existing ones. New gcc will have no
> crtbegin.o...

You are building libgcc at this point.  $(CC) is the target compiler;
if it is not the same version as the one you've just built in gcc/,
then the resulting libgcc or libstdc++ may not work.  The first step
in cross building a native compiler like this is to build a cross
compiler of the right version.

> If this is ok, I will post a little patch.

That sounds fine, but the whole process is trouble.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery