Re: Help with IA64 profiling bug - g++.dg/tree-prof/indir-call-prof.C

Steve Ellcey <sje@cup.hp.com> writes:

> This is about as far as I have gotten.  I am not sure why there is this
> difference or how to fix it.  I *think* it may be related to the fact
> that IA64 GCC defines TARGET_VTABLE_USES_DESCRIPTORS but my only reason
> for thinking that is that IA64 is the only platform that defines this
> macro and I think that the profiler must be getting callee addresses out
> of the vtable (though I am not sure about that and I don't know where it
> would be doing it from).

I think to make that work tree_gen_ic_profiler and
tree_gen_ic_func_profiler would have to dereference the function
descriptor to extract the code address, which would then have the
necessary uniqueness which the vtable function descriptor lacks.

Andreas.