Re: Status of the DLX backend for GCC?

[ Oops, somehow I had missed this... ]

On Fri, 4 Jan 2008, Peter Bergner wrote:
>> At http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/extensions.html we have a reference
>> to the DLX port of GCC, which corresponds to the DLX machine described
>> in "Computer Architecture: A Quantitative Approach" by Hennessy and
>> Patterson.
>>
>> Sadly, the link to http://www-mount.ee.umn.edu/~okeefe/mcerg/gcc-dlx.html
>> doesn't work and I failed to find a replacement page.  Any pointers?
> What is it exactly you're looking for on that page?  That web page was
> from my old research group, so if there's something in particular you're
> looking for, I can try poking some of the people to see whether they
> still have the files.  FYI, Aaron Sawdey who now works for IBM doing
> performance work wrote that GCC-DLX port.
>
> I'll note that Matt O'keefe who was our research advisor no longer works
> at the University of Minnesota so that's why the pages no longer work.

Thanks for the background on this, Peter, and the background on this
site disappearing.

The reason I asked was that we have that reference from our site to that
URL and I failed to find any replacement so far.  The first two hits that
I get in Google actually are mails by you in the gcc archives. ;-)

I guess we'll just have to remove that reference?

Gerald