Re: Apple, iPhone, and GPLv3 troubles

> Here's the problem: the FSF doesn't really want to permit plugins.

There are a lot of strong statements in this thread, but the truth is
that (a) the new run-time library license will probably be available
very soon (my guess is time measured in weeks) (b) it will allow
GPL-compatible plugins, and (c) the FSF sees that as a positive thing.
(The FSF does of course oppose proprietary plugins.)

I suspect the new license will probably be considered satisfactory by
almost everybody.  I say "almost" not because there are classes of
people who will be hurt by it, but because the chances that everybody in
in this community will be happy about anything is about as good as pigs
flying through frozen-over hell under a blue moon in a month of Sundays. :-)

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery