Re: cpp found limits.h in FIXED_INCLUDE_DIR, but not in STANDARD_INCLUDE_DIR

On 11:15 Mon 15 Sep     , Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> If you are building a cross-compiler, it does not make sense to use
> /usr/include/limits.h.  gcc is providing a minimal limits.h which
> supports everything required by ISO C99.  SSIZE_MAX and PATH_MAX are
> defined by POSIX, and are inherently dependent on your operating
> system.  They would normally be provided by the version of limits.h
> from your C library.

hmm... actually i was cross compiling a native compiler.
ie. cbuild=x86, chost=mipsel, ctarget=mipsel

yeah, it seems odd at the first sight.
but i need a native compiler, for example, to compile qt(not embedded qt).
qt need qmake to build, qmake only runs natively.

and i have encountered segfault when natively compiling gcc.
it was at genautomata IIRC. not sure if it's a known bug.
If it is unknown, i will try to debug it, or at least file a bug report.

So I thought if i could cross compile a native compiler.
Also, i just realized maybe this is the first time i do this.
So, is gcc designed to work in this situation?

Zhang Le