Re: Please, do not use the merged revisions log as the commit message when merging

> On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 03:01:03PM -0500, John Freeman wrote:
>> Daniel Berlin wrote:
>>
>>> It's listed on the wiki that explains how to maintain branches :)
>>>
>> I had no idea such a wiki even existed.  It would really help future
>> contributors, I'm sure, if, perhaps during copyright assignment, there were
>> some sort of "introduction" process that clearly communicated policies.
>> Thank you for the heads up.
>
> But, you did do it again, just a little while ago.
>
> Please stop doing that!  You're swamping gcc.gnu.org and causing unnecessary
> work for me.
>
> I will be instituting some safeguards against this kind of mail-bombing going
> forward but, nevertheless, this really should not be a common occurrence.

Please Christopher, feel free to take my patch at here, modify it,
test it and ping whoever is responsible to review such changes:

Unfortunately, I cannot work on GCC at the moment, so I cannot do it myself.

Cheers,

Manuel.