Re: IRA copy heuristics

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 7:39 PM, Vladimir Makarov <vmakarov@redhat.com> wrote:
> Meanwhile I am going to submit your second patch with an added
> comment.  The patch permits gcc to generate the same quality code as
> before your first patch.

Why?

As Richard said before:

"... it changes
the heuristics _without any explanation of why this is necessary_.
IMO, that's unacceptable for our shiny, new (and generally very nice)
register allocator.  And I think it's unacceptable even if it happens
to fix a performance regression."

The patch does not seem to have any justification other than it fixes the
symptom.

David