Re: vectorization, -floop-strip-mine, -floop-block and -floop-interchange

>    Can anyone explain the relationship between the current vectorization
> optimizations in the gcc trunk compiler and the new -floop-strip-mine,
> -floop-interchange and -floop-block loop optimizations? Which takes
> precedence and does one set block the other in any way? I would hope
> that the new loop optimizations simply redefine the loops that are then
> processed for vectorization so that both sets of optimizations can
> be in effect at the same time. Thanks in advance for any clarifications
> on how these optimizations interact with each other.

There's currently no interaction between the Graphite optimizations and
vectorization. I don't know what considerations/cost-model Graphite uses
before applying its optimizations, but vectorization is not one of them. We
are now starting to look into teaching Graphite to take into account
factors that affect the applicability and profitability of vectorization,
but this work is in a very initial stage.

dorit