Re: s-oscons technique does not work for RTEMS

* Arnaud Charlet, 2008-08-07 :

> > As I warned in http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2008-07/msg00387.html,
> > the new technique for generating s-oscons.ads does not work
> > for RTEMS.  The OS .h files are not available when the compiler
> > is built -- only those strictly owned by the newlib C library.
> >
> > As indicated by this from the build log, you have neither
> > termios nor network .h files available when the compiler
> > is built.
>
> Then what I'd suggest is that you first build a C (or C and C++)
> compiler, build newlib and co, install the system, and then
> from there, redo a build with Ada enabled.
>
> That's I believe how such bootstrap issue is resolved in general.

As an alternative to Arno's suggestion, maybe you could use the
--with-sysroot configure parameter to make the required headers
available to the build process. I know others have used this method on
some cross targets.

Thomas.

--
Thomas Quinot, Ph.D. ** quinot@adacore.com ** Senior Software Engineer
               AdaCore -- Paris, France -- New York, USA