RE: New test is invalid for AVR

Weddington, Eric wrote on 06 August 2008 17:49:

> Hi All,
>
> The new test gcc.c-torture/compile/20080806-1.c, added by Andreas Krebbel
> on 2008-08-06, causes 8 new test failures for the AVR target. This test
> is invalid for the AVR because the local array is too large for the AVR
> (64+ K). IIRC, for testing purposes the AVR target only allows a 2K
> stack.
>
> Could someone please mark this test as unsupported for avr-*-*? I don't
> have copyright assignment yet (but we're currently working with the FSF
> on it).

  Actually shouldn't it be dealt with by the small-stack handling in the
testsuite infrastructure?  My board.exp (for a similarly small embedded
target) has these lines:

# We only have a small stack available to us
set_board_info gcc,stack_size 2048

... which somehow get translated into a -DSTACK_SIZE=xxx that can be tested
and/or used numerically in the regression test sources.

    cheers,
      DaveK