The g++ error output

Hello,

i had the following Problem today:

I have a class called GUI, that i included and instantiated.
Today i extended my Code (among other things) with an enum that had an
Element 'GUI'.
I didn't knew that this isn't possible and never even thought about it.

When i tried to compile my Code, i got an error, of course.
g++ tells me that GUI is not a type, and where the error occurs.
g++ unfortunately didn't told me, why GUI is not a type.

I knew, there is a type called GUI, i defined it. After hours of pondering about
my changes to the code, it just came to me: maybe its the newly added enum.
If g++ just would've told me that it considers GUI to be an element of
that enum,
that would've saved me a lot of time.

I believe this is a general problem: g++ tells *what* the problem is and *where*
the problem occurs (file/line). But it does not tell me *why* there is
a problem.
Usually that is enough information: I have the information what the problem is
and where to look, and i just see why there is a problem.

But sometimes it bits me, like today. The enum wasn't even in that
file, but in another i included.

I hope you don't consider this as flaming or something, just critics
to improve this wonderful compiler
and make hacking easier for people like me without an expert
understanding of C++.

Cheers,
ingmar