Re: frameworklet to assess the quality of debug information

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> Here's my first cut at trying to tell how well or how bad we perform
> in terms of debug info, that can be dropped into the GCC run-time test
> infrastructure and used by means of #include in new tests that add
> GUALCHK* annotations (or with separate compilation, if some stuff is
> moved into a separate header).
>
> Thoughts, comments, suggestions, tomatoes, eggs? :-)

For the GCC testsuite parts of this will of course need to be written in
Tcl to use the DejaGnu interfaces to execute both the debugger (on a
possibly remote host) and the test program (on a possibly remote,
simulator, etc. target), rather than fork/exec.  (For experimenting with
different approaches, assessing the current state of the compiler, etc.,
this isn't needed so much.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com